Official.

So I am an official resident of Tampa as of Tuesday night. I emphasize night time to mark the reality of this endeavor because quite frankly, if you can last a night in an apartment with no food, nothing to drink, sparse furnishing, no shower curtain, and a bed with no bed sheets...you are part of the "official" club in the morning.
I have to give God so much praise for His faithfulness and covering in this would-be awkward time of transition. I am learning to rely on him and his grace in my time alone here and it is so rewarding.
I feel like Nehemiah as He was commissioned by God to rebuild the Jerusalem city walls. I don't believe that it was purely out of his anointing or intercession alone that the wall was rebuilt so quickly but more so out of his broken heart for the city that the wall and morale was restored.
Nehemiah had a soft spot for his people and his cause. That was his fuel. I am so inspired by Chapter 4 where it reads, "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other." That is true dedication.
In Chapter 6 it says the wall was completed in a startling 52 days and "not a gap was left in it," sending their enemies to scatter. I think that that finishing statement is so crucial to the model of God's promises - without gaps, no room for error. I feel like God is calling me to be the Nehemiah in my city. To be broken for the people, broken for the cause, to be violent for holiness and unwaivering in integral leadership.
So needless to say...I have a wall to rebuild.

0 comments: