Welcome Back

I would personally like to take this brief moment to welcome myself back to the blog world...
Welcome back
Alright, moving on.
It's been quite some time since I've last blogged and my life has taken several twists and turns, mostly for the better. For one, I'm moving to Tampa in 2 days to serve at a new church plant in Citrus Park,
The Connection Point. I will be serving along side a team of amazing friends as the Creative Arts Director. This translates into the following: leading worship and heading up the Creative team with graphics/web/service production/whatever Pastor Steve wants. Basically, whatever it takes to connect real people to a real God in a real world as our team mantra would read.
So that's the basic update, and I couldn't be more excited and more aware of the significance of this transitional time in my life. God is putting more weight on me than ever before and the only explanation I can account for is that He really thinks I can carry it. And honestly, there are days where I'm
almost convinced that I can't do it...and then I'm reminded of the promise given to us in Philippians 4:13 that says I can do ALL things. And it's not by my strength but that of Christ. I love the promises of God because every where you see promise in the Bible, you also see God's unmerited favor. Think about it, God's promises are always a no-strings-attached package, and to take it even further they are always unconditional and usually undeserved.
In Romans 4:13-15, Paul writes of the
famous promise that God gave Abraham—that he and his children would possess the earth—and the beauty of it was that it was not given because of something Abraham did or would do. It was based on God's decision to put everything together for him, which Abraham then entered into when he believed. If those who get what God gives them only get it by doing everything they are told to do and by filling out all the right forms properly signed, sealed, delivered (I'm Yours) then that eliminates personal trust completely and turns the promise into an "ironclad contract" as the Word says.
That's not a holy promise; that's a business deal.
I am so thankful that God is not an Indian-giver, nor a profit hungry business man, but a promise keeper to the core.

1 comments:

July 14, 2008 at 4:47 AM Steve Wulf said...

Awesome thoughts Gabe...I'm so excited to get you guys up here to Tampa...I feel like it's Christmas...Oh, I still think your blog banner looks like a guy peeing...sorry!