Brutal Bullets

So here is a quick recap of the last few weeks of my life. The Connection Point team has been overhauling to make our launch weekend a success and it was. It was absolutely amazing and our second service was honestly even smoother. Our pre-service set-up achieved record timing. I can't wait for the weeks to come as we perfect our systems.

So prior to all of that great success, here's a list of things that were so conveniently thrown in my path on the way to success.

  • I took my ride ('93 Chrylser Concorde...Ladies, stay back) in for a routine oil change - left with a $300 package of 2 new tires and alignment because apparently I drive my car like an idiot.
  • AT&T so kindly charged me $1800+ for (incorrect) media use, completely draining my entire bank account, automatically draining every cent of my savings because of an automated overdraft protection feature I have and immediately rendering all of my accounts frozen and deeply in the red.
  • Manatee County Traffic Dept. sends me a summons letter stating my license will be suspended in a few days unless I pay a ticket (which I already paid). Explain that?
  • The final payment (very crucial to my financial well-being) for a web project I've been working on for over a month was late by several weeks...throwing my finances into what I like to call the Ca-Ca shoot.
So I know all of your are on the edge of your seats wondering what the relief or solution is to each of these brutal bullet points?

The answer is simply grace.

There has been almost no solution to any of these issues, I'm actually still currently fighting most of them, calling AT&T every day to give me a refund credit, on the phone with the Bank, praying this doesn't ruin my credit, waiting for the Online Traffic School to mail me the necessary certificate of completion so that I can then mail it to the Manatee County Traffic Dept. to prove I've paid everything so I can keep my license.

And yet when I really think about how I don't deserve any of this, I am reminded that I AM SO deserving of all of this. I'm talking about my sin nature. I'm talking about the fact that even my best is still rags. And in spite of life's circumstances, God has still given me unmerited favor and blessing in so many areas of my life and I trust that He will get me through this. If Jesus could hang, nailed to a tree, for sins that He didn't commit and endure sufferings that He didn't deserve, how much more can I thank God for his grace when He pulls me out of situations where I DO deserve the worst.

Take time this week to thank God for the things that you don't deserve...you'll realize that you'll be thanking him for quite some time.

0 comments: