The Stop Campaign



God is so good.

Life has been a whirlwind these past few months and I've barely noticed the time fly by. I am so incredibly pumped about this new generosity initiative our church has launched called The Stop Campaign. It's already becoming a huge success within our community and even across the nation. I was blown away to view our online analytics reports which indicated hits in more than 20 different states. It's so exciting to be a part of something bigger than yourself, especially from the ground level. I give God all the credit for the countless hours of creative branding and marketing that we've invested into this project.

Today was an awesome example of the power behind a simple act of kindness. I drove by Gunn Highway to snap a picture of our newly risen 48' billboard and happened to notice a Wendy's maybe 50 yards away. I went to the drive-thru, ordered my food, and told the girl in the window to go ahead and pay for the SUV behind me. The catch was that she would give them a "have you been stopped?" card along with their order. The girl seriously looked at me like I just yelled "bomb" in an airport. Priceless. So as I drove up, watched her give them my card, saw the look of confusion on their faces, I drove away hoping that I had just brought some kind of value to their day. I also thought it would be great if they simply looked to their right to notice the huge towering billboard with the same mysterious website as the card. Talk about situational irony. I would be speeding home to see what that was all about.

Tampa is my city. It's God's city. And when I moved here, I made a vow to change this place and be changed with it. This is just the beginning.

0 comments: