Act In The Opposite

Sometimes, God has to make some pretty controversial moves to get our attention.

Why is it that in struggle we affirm his existence more than ever. In hardship, we cry out for a savior. In turmoil, we're needy.

Yet...

In happiness, we're oblivious. In prosperity, we're forgetful. In abundance, we're ungrateful.

It's a hard trend to break. But for God's sake, a must. It's a pretty hurtful thing to cling to a friend only when you need something -- and in the same breath, ignore their desire to connect.

I'm making a concerted effort this week to act in the opposite of what comes natural to me. Because let's face it, our humanity is naturally selfish, innately egocentric.

Translation: we're flawed and need God's grace daily.

1 comments:

April 22, 2009 at 12:28 PM DeanBartley said...

It is our sinfull nature that wants to take the lead in all we do. I've learned to "die daily" and let the new man take charge. When I do that my faith gets me through.