Reminded

I know I already let the cat out of the bag on twitter but I just wanted to tell the full story.

Today Keith, our drummer, and I visited a local middle school to have lunch with our friend, Dylan. Dylan attends our church with his family and is passionate about music just like us. He's even come to our practices and dubbed our new band name as "Metallic Blood."

Needless to say, he's a fan of rock.

It was such a rewarding experience to sneak up behind him and see his surprise. All of a sudden, his "cool" status skyrocketed through the roof. Kids were waving to him just to simply say "Hi."

Later he told us he barely knew them. Oh middle school politics. Love it.

I'm just so reminded that life is about people. It's about loving like God loves. It's about serving like Christ served. It's about sharing community and making it public that we were never meant to journey alone.

2 comments:

April 23, 2009 at 12:03 PM Tammie said...

Gabe I want to thank you and Keith so very much. You guys are amazing. I know Dylan will never forget that. He has had such a rough year this year starting middle school. I can't thank you both enough.

Sincerely Tammie K.

April 23, 2009 at 12:07 PM Gabe Lopez said...

No problem, no need to thank us, we had a blast! We're actually wondering if we can make it a monthly thing or so.