Hairiest Man Alive

I have a stress problem. It's so unnecessary too. But nonetheless it's there and it's doing me no good.

My stress isn't just tied to work or family - this thing is everywhere.

For instance, this past week my little Brother was visiting for Spring Break. He is a sucker for quality time. And being that he's in high school, quality time ends up turning into video games.

So we're playing Halo for the Xbox, blowing each others heads off and all of a sudden my shoulders tense up and I feel like I'm having a stroke.

And it hits me - I take myself way too seriously.

Here I am taking it personal every time I die in a VIDEO GAME, c'mon. I am shortening my life span with every inner burst of anger and stress and all because I can't stand to lose.

Reading this over, I am seeing the bigger picture of how my perfectionism and serious outlook is a detriment to my productivity and more importantly, my health. Am I suggesting I quit my job, join the Circus and start a new life wowing unsuspecting crowds as the hairiest man alive? Not entirely.

But I am coming to a conclusion that I need peace. I need God to deal with the complicated stuff. And the only thing I need to worry about is worrying less.

0 comments: