Don't Ask.

I never do this but I just had some quick thoughts concerning a current affair that's been blown out of proportion in the media.

Miss California vs. Perez Hilton.

For those that don't know, Perez Hilton is the self-acclaimed "Gossip Queen" of the universe. He's an internet personality who makes his living slandering celebrity names and exposing vulnerability. I'm not bashing him, I simply describing his public persona.

Then there's Miss California who was a candidate in the Miss USA pageant which took place a few nights ago.

The big deal? Perez, being one of the judges, asked Miss Cali her opinion on gay marriage.

She expressed her ideals of a heterosexual marriage concept. And he tore her up on his gossip website.

The moral of this dumb argument: if you're not gonna like the answer, then don't ask.

2 comments:

April 21, 2009 at 10:26 PM foreverytime said...

Hey Gabe...I know you don't know me at all....I found your blog via your twitter.

Just wanted to say how glad/proud I am to see good christian guys like you out there. It's so hard finding guys like you in this crazy messed up world...I'm about ready to give up some days :-p I read several of your blogs and am proud to call you my brother in Christ :-) I just started my own 'blog' and just thought I'd comment on yours real quick. Thanks for being such a godly example and giving girls like me...hope. I really, really do appreciate it.:-)

Anna

April 23, 2009 at 12:09 PM Tammie said...

You said it exactly Gabe. As soon as Skip and I heard her answer. I was like good for her and Skip said oh the media is going to have a field day with her answer. I was so proud of her for not backing down and giving the political correct answer.

Tammie K.