Growing Pains

I have growing pains.

Not the kind you usually think of. It's more the opposite.

The growing pains I suffer from are the kind that come from wishing you were growing faster and wider than you are ready for or God for that matter is prepared to allow.

One of Rick Warren's famous mantras states that "God is more concerned with our character than our comfort."

I realized the multi-faceted truth of this statement today when God let it occur to me that maybe I'm not at rock-star status because maybe God knows me well enough to know that maybe I'd screw it up and just maybe He's more focused on welding my integrity together at every vulnerable seam and also, maybe I'm not God?

2 comments:

March 4, 2009 at 3:37 PM Rei said...

c'mon i'll give it up...that was a good post.

March 4, 2009 at 8:24 PM Unknown said...

Good post indeed...the boy realizes he's not God...he's not in control...he doesn't have any say...by Him and for Him...good job Gabe :)