MVP's

I gotta be honest; I thought tonight's band rehearsal would be a complete wreck.

1. Our usual drum kit was left in storage so we busted out our back-up drum kit. The thing seriously makes me laugh out loud; missing legs, sliding bass drum, 1 sad ill-tuned tom, no bueno. Keith, our drummer, totally made the best of it - they sounded great.

2. Rei, our lead guitarist, left work only to find a dead car in the parking lot. Long story short: my Dad drove all the way from Bradenton to pick him up and then take him to practice. That's devotion.

3. Dave, our bass player, works strenuously all week and fought through the parking lot known as the "Howard Franklin Bridge" for who knows how long to finally arrive with a great attitude to serve.

4. Someone forgot my mic stand (probably me) so with the help of some ingenious minds, I was able to rig up a stand using a slightly-too-short PVC pipe, some colored rubber bands, and a hand truck - haha, I wish I was joking.

5. To add to the stress list, I wrote a new song that I wanted to spear-head for execution this Sunday and I just didn't know if we could pull it off. Rick, our sound tech, was the voice of encouragement all night.

I'm proud to say that we melted each others faces off with one of the best rehearsal performances to date. Keith, Dave, Rei, Rick: I love you guys, so proud to serve with you. Sunday here we come!

2 comments:

March 6, 2009 at 3:37 AM Steve Wulf said...

Gabe, I'm so proud of you bro. This post is a prime example of great leadership. Way to go bro...Keep up the great work of encouraging and building up your team!

March 6, 2009 at 6:03 AM TJ Hankey said...

I think I have been in a few of those with you.....not sure about the same results but definitely the pvc/rubber band/hand truck stand type of rigging.Peace.