I See Pride; I See Power

Leadership takes pride.

Not arrogance but pride.

I would use the word confidence if it conveyed my point with justice; it doesn't. Pride is gritty. Pride is animated. It's full of color and it stretches a mile in either direction of where you're standing right now.

Pride in what you do. Pride in who you've been created to be. Pride in where God has appointed you to lead.

In both the physical environment as well as the technical area. Be proud to shoulder such privilege.

One of my favorite movies of all time is Cool Runnings, the heart-gripping story of Jamaica's first bob-sled team.

In arguably one of the movies most infamous scenes two of the main characters, Yul and Junior, are having a dispute concerning Junior's sudden conviction to obey his controlling father's orders to leave the team. Staring at themselves in the mirror, Yul grabs Junior and makes him recite this mantra:

"I see pride, I see power, I see a bad mother who don't take no crap off'a nobody!"

Again and again they repeat this declaration until finally Junior wells up with fierce pride, storms down stairs, and informs his father of his decision to stay and commit to leadership.

Pride, baby. Pride in who you are, what you do, where you've come from and how you can lead those behind you.

Leadership takes pride.

0 comments: